Monday, January 9, 2012

SSMT Verse Review Part 3

SSMT Verse 5
John 15:16--"You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give you."
I chose verse 5 for March 1, 2011.  Near the end of February, I came across it in a Kay Arthur devotional, and it really blessed me.  Actually, I came across this verse and had been meditating on it the morning that my Papa died... I don't think I'll ever forget this one. 
Jesus chose me to go and bear fruit; since He appointed this for me, the fruit that I bear will remain because it comes from abiding in the True Vine: Him. He didn't choose me to sit idley and wait to reach heaven--He wants me to be about His business.  Also, it makes me think of the verse in Ephesians that says we were saved and created for good works that God prepared beforehand that we might walk in them.  I want to abide in Him and walk in what He has chosen and prepared for me to do.  
 SSMT Verse 6
Philippians 4:19 (NASB)--Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Verse 6 from March 15, 2011, is a longtime favorite and one I need to constantly dwell on. DON'T BE ANXIOUS FOR ANYTHING!  That's right--ANYTHING! When I'm plagued with confusion or worry, I just need to remember to pray, give thanks, and let His peace guard my heart and mind no matter the circumstances.
 SSMT Verse 7
Colossians 4:17 (NASB)-- Take heed to the ministry you have received in the Lord, that you may fulfill it.
Verse 7, April 1, 2011--As a Christian woman, I am a minister first to God, then to my husband, my children, my church, and, if there's anything left of me, to anything else the Lord sends my way.  I may have many responsibilities, concerns, and obligations, but I want to make sure I take heed FIRST and FOREMOST to the top four ministries that God has entrusted to me.  Keeping priorites in the correct order is challenging, but if I practice Matthew 6:33 and seek FIRST the kindgom of God, then everything else should fall into its proper place.

No comments:

Post a Comment