Sunday, January 8, 2012

SSMT Verse Review Part 2

SSMT Verse 4
Romans 12:1 (AMP)-- I appeal to you therefore, brethren, and beg you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well-pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship.
From Feb. 15, 2011, another verse chosen from the Amplified version....  Why? because I LOVE IT!!! Look at that! A "decisive dedication" -- not a haphazard, impulsive decision.  Wow! In view of ALL of God's mercies, the least I can do is make a decisive dedication of every part of myself -- physical, mental, spiritual, emotional, EVERYTHING -- to Him for His service.  This is the only reasonable, rational, and intelligent thing to do: give my ALL as a living sacrifice to the One who made the ULTIMATE sacrifice.  Loving and serving others, following where He leads, giving "my utmost for His highest," and even taking care of my "temple" -- all of these are ways to serve and worship Him.  Amazing verse!

No comments:

Post a Comment