Sunday, January 8, 2012

Seista Scripture Memory Team Verse Review Part I

So, for now, this attempt at blogging is purely for my benefit.  I haven't told anyone about my efforts, so I have no followers.  Actually, I did send an email to three people to let them know about it, but they all probably deleted it because my email account was hacked and they've been receiving indecent messages and advertisements from my old email address.... but that's a story for another time.

Anywho, I always remember things better if I write, rewrite, and write them often, so let's see if typing these verses will help my memory.

Without further ado (drum roll please....):
 Siesta Scripture Memory Team Verse 1
Psalm 90:12 NASB -- So teach us to number our days that we may present to You a heart of wisdom.
I chose to memorize this verse on Jan. 1, 2011.  I had it memorized before I finished writing it in my handy dandy scripture notebook, actually.  Time management has always been a struggle for me, so this verse helps me to consider how I'm spending my time and what I'm pursuing... I want my Father to see me making wise use of the days He has given me.
 SSMT Verse 2
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NASB -- Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?  For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.
This is my verse from Jan. 15, 2011.  I chose this one for O SO MANY reasons. Since I don't have time to discuss them all, here's one (rather lengthy) reason this verse speaks to me... 
 Jesus paid the ultimate price for my soul -- He gave His life on the cross that I may have life eternal.  I owe Him EVERYTHING.  I also have a responsibility to care for the temple / body He has given me; STILL this is a struggle.   
It's easy to point out the shortcomings and failures of others while overlooking your own. Labeling things like, say, murder or adultery or theft as sins doesn't make many people uncomfortable; the discomfort sets in when we dare to call weight and eating issues what they are--sins.  My weight issue isn't merely an issue: it's my failure to care for and maintain the temple that God's Spirit dwells in.  It's my choosing to seek satisfaction in food rather than in Him.  Jesus deserves much better from me.  Yes, this is still a struggle, and there is no quick fix.  I can, however, choose to glorify God in my body (no matter my size) by daily making choices to seek comfort in Him rather than in food and by daily making an effort to care for His "temple" in appropriate ways. Over time, a continuous pattern of right choices can and (God help me) WILL yield positive results both physically and spiritually.  Now, time for one more verse....
SSMT Verse 3
Ephesians 5:16-17 AMP-- Look carefully then how you walk! Live purposefully and worthily and accurately!  Not as the unwise and witless, but as wise (sensible, intelligent people), making the very most of the time [buying up each opportunity], because the days are evil.
I chose Feb. 1, 2011's verse from the Amplified translation because I LOVE it!!!! I want to live with purpose, and I want to walk with Jesus in a worthy manner.  I don't want to miss the mark in choosing how I spend each day but rather I want to buy up each opportunity He presents and live and serve accurately--purposefully--worthily--I LOVE this!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment