Monday, January 2, 2012

Why the title?

So, I have to return to work tomorrow.

We're going to visit some dear friends this evening.

Phil took the kids with him to run some errands, and I have the house to myself for just a few hours.

I still have a stack of papers to grade.

And I'm creating a blog.

This is my life. 

It's not so much that I'm doing any evil at the moment, but I definitely understand what the apostle Paul is saying in Romans 7:18, "....for I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out." I'm not necessarily struggling with the law at work in my members as Paul describes, but I'm definitely feeling that tug... should I do what needs to be done, or should I do ANYTHING ELSE BUT THAT!!!!!

Yes, I know.  Grade the papers.  Read those essays.  Average some grades.  Make the most of the gift of peace and quiet that you've been given for these few hours.  Leave this blog thing alone for now and use your time wisely.

And I will.

But only after set forth my plan for how I will use this space for the month January.  It just occurred to me, so I had better type it out before I get distracted by something else...

Mom and I will be traveling to Houston, TX, in a few weeks to participate in Living Proof Ministry's Siesta Scripture Memory Fest.  Well, not a fest so much as a gathering, but a good time, nonetheless.  It's a free event for LPM blog readers who committed to memorizing twenty-four passages of scripture in 2011.  I've memorized most of my verses (well, 70 percent of them), but I REALLY need to refresh my memory so I'll be able to recite them at the conference.  SO, my plan for January is to review verses and discuss why I chose to memorize each one in the first place. 

So, that's the plan. It's very fitting that my first verse is Psalm 90:12, which states, "Teach us to number our days that we may present to you a heart of wisdom."  I chose that verse on January 1, 2011, probably because I was facing a similar stack of papers to grade, lessons to plan, and many other piles of things I put off so I could pursue more interesting things....

I'll put that verse into practice right now.  I'm out of here, but I'll be back for discussion of that verse and review of other verses.

Oh--and I'll get around to explaining why I named this blog "Never Mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment