Thursday, January 26, 2012

Home from Houston

So, mom and I finally made it back from our Siesta Scripture Memory Team Celebration in Houston.  It's a school night, so I'll make it brief.  I have much more to say about the actual verses I was reviewing, and I DO plan to continue reviewing them later and I'll explain THAT later, but anyway, on with the pictures.


In January 2011, over 10,000 women who follow Beth Moore's blog committed to memorize two Bible verses a month for the entire year. By December, about 1,700 were still memorizing. The reward for those who finished was a celebration in Houston hosted by Beth and Living Proof Ministries.  We enjoyed worship led by Travis Cottrell, met other "siestas" face-to-face, and dug deep into the Word during Bible study sessions taught by Beth.

Mom & me in the worship center of Houston's First Baptist Church
(Don't worry--Your vision hasn't suddenly become blurred.  The picture quality is poor because I used the camera on my phone.)

Beth teaching from 2nd John

She memorized all of 2nd John.  Yes, it's a short book, but I'VE never memorized an entire book of the Bible.  Have you?

A really bad picture of a truly wonderful time of worship


Another really bad picture of Travis Cottrell and his worship team
(Please stay with me.  It gets better.)

Beth still teaching

Mom writing one of her memory verses on the scripture wall

Ok, I'm having trouble getting my other pictures to upload. I'm going to pubish this post as it is, but I'll be back with some better pictures and a really good story about how momma did NOT get to see Beth Moore face-to-face and I DID.  Please come back:)


No comments:

Post a Comment