Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hungary 2011 (and possibly 2012?)


So, I'm still trying to figure out what to do or say on this blog.  I'll definitely get back to my review of my SSMT verses (I only have 4 days until I have to recite them). For now, though, I just noticed the "insert photo" option on my New Post page, so I thought I'd try it out.

These are some pictures of Phil in action while on his first international mission trip to Budapest, Hungary. He came home fired up and ready to return.  Keep scrolling down and I'll say more about that...


 Hungarian college students who went on a scavenger hunt with Phil

Folks from the group that attended high school English classes

The Iron Curtain

Playing chess between classes

Can you find the American?

Praying with Hungarian students

so beautiful

These shots came from one of the other men on the trip.

 Downtown

Crossing the Danube, I think... I'd ask Phil, but he's sleeping (as I should be).


These are just a few of the many pictures from his 2011 trip.  As I mentioned above, he came home fired up and ready to return; this time, he wants us all to go.  All four of us.  To Hungary.  In July.  All of July.  Yep, the whole month.  I'm trying not to hyperventilate. 

He really feels like God wants us to return together to work at a CCC English camp located outside of Budapest.  I watched some of the camp's promotional videos and cried.  I'm scared.  I'm willing to go, but I'm scared.  There's also the issue of raising money to go.  We're talking MUCHO DINERO, mi amigos.  MUCHO.  I'm not kidding. A-LOTO  CASH-O.

We are praying about this and taking baby steps in that direction.  If this is what God wants us to do this summer, He can and will make it possible.  Please pray, y'all.  Pray that God will let us know loudly and clearly what He wants us to do.  If He says "Stay," we'll stay and watch for another opportunity.  If He says "Go," we will go (with knees knocking and hearts pounding).

(And yes, there will be some hyperventilation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment