Friday, February 22, 2013

More Crafting Obsession: The Birds and the Blanket


So, yeah:)  You NEVER know what might turn up on this here lil blog.... :)  On my last post, I showed you some pictures of my latest crafting obsession, and I shared a link to a website that features free vintage embroidery.  Oh, you didn't see that post?  Well by all means, click HERE.  :)

In keeping with the theme of the hour, here are a few more pictures of my recent crafting obsessions: a little girl quilt with patches of embroidered birds. 

Disclaimer:  I am NOT a professional.  I usually DO NOT have any clue where I'm going or what I'm doing when I start a project.  This is NOT a tutorial.  (SQUIRREL!!!)

That being said, take a look.
 
Remember, I'm not a pro, and I had no idea what I was doing when I started.  I just liked the pictures of little birdies that I've been seeing on Pinterest and on the web....kinda like THESE from Birdie Brown and THIS from The Split Stitch.  (Those are links to FREE PRINTABLE PATTERNS.  Go ahead and see for yourself.)
 
I think I took the pictures of the birds before I washed the quilt, so ignore any signs of blue marker that you may see...


Aren't those the sweetest little birds?  If you were hoping for a how-to or a PDF so you can print your own patterns of the birds, well..... sorry:)  Truthfully, I'm too lazy to make a tutorial, and honestly, all I did was google images and then draw the images with washable marker on to my blockS of fabric.  I have no PDF files to share other than the links above. That's it:)

Oh!  Here are some more birds that I embroidered onto a very wrinkled dish towel.  I PROMISE I ironed and ironed it.... I think I need a new iron.....

 
 
If you're not so great at drawing or doodling, take heart and search Pinterest.  There are scads of free PDF files out there created by people who are not nearly as lazy as I:)  [Notice how I worked scads into yet another post?] :)
 
If you know of any good links, blogs, sites, or Pinterest boards, please pass them on!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment